Pages

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Taking the next step


I've been interested in making art and being creative in every aspect of my life for as long as I can remember, starting with choosing offbeat colors for my first embroidery at age 4. I stitched my way through high school and college and into a life of teaching and learning all about design basics, embroidery and fine sewing. I had several home based businesses, all connected by the thread of making things and using color, and then finally when I retired I listened to the call to draw more, to paint on something other than fabric, to make collages, to play with color in a new way.

I don’t know where I’m going with my work. I currently work with acrylic on canvas and board; I like to use watercolor in my art and travel journals; and I love making collages with my own painted papers. At this point it looks to me like I never will have success with narrowing my focus to working with one single medium and it’s always worried me, but I now accept that that’s who I am, a multi-media, mixed media art maker who loves the learning and the doing in a variety of ways.

Robert Genn http://www.painterskeys.com/ quoted Mas Kodani : "One does not stand still looking for a path. One walks; and as one walks, a path comes into being." What a perfect direction for me today! I’m going for a long walk and I’ll find my own path along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Your website is beautiful and enjoy your new adventure/ Maggiet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; Let's talk about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...