Thursday, January 01, 2009

HOPE

Sixteen years ago the talk around the kitchen table was all about a man from a town called Hope. That didn’t work out so well when a deficit of character was revealed. Then we placed our hope on a man of character who led us down the path to war… and that didn’t work out well either. Now many Americans link this country’s future to “hope for change”. We’ll see. It could just work if we all pull together to re-claim the honor that was once integral in the USA.

There’s another kind of hope, one that has nothing to do with the hope and expectation I place in the leaders of my county that they will lead with wisdom, integrity, and strength. This other kind of hope is more personal and has to do with faith, this one woman’s hope in the God of the Bible.

Happy New Year to each of you. May this year bring you hope, joy, and peace.

7 comments:

  1. I do have *hope*. I am so ready for our political change. Happy New Year Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:05 PM PST

    Well said Jo. I think a lot of people expect someone else to make their life better instead of taking ownership of their own actions and their life.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. One single person can't do it all. A lot of cooperation is needed from a lot of people and in today's current society, that is a challenge.

    Great site and lots of great sketches. I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, your work, Jo, sings with color. The colors in this piece reflect Hope. Happy New Year, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. THank you Jo for listing my Paper Paintings blog in your sidebar, I appreciate it! I love your hope collage, the colors are great and vibrant. I feel good looking at it! Yours in Paper.... Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jo,

    Appreciate your thoughts on this, and love the Hope artwork!

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog! I too, am so glad, that my hope is not wrapped up in a man, or a system. I'm part of a different kingdom and am so thankful for that.
    I enjoyed seeing your journal page too, so lovely. I'm wanting to start nature journaling with my kids, but my artistic leanings are more in the textile area, so paper intimidates me!
    Blessings,
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...