Sunday, September 26, 2010

Self Portrait - Birthday

Self Portrait
September 2010

Today is my birthday. Some creative people have birthday rituals; they paint a self portrait or make a self portrait doll or a scroll of the last 12 months or write in a birthday book, but I won't do any of these things. My ritual is to gather family around me and have a little love fest. I'll go to church, then to my favorite cafe for brunch with my husband, maybe spend a few hours in my studio and garden, and then meet my family for a burger. It'll be fun, low key and so good to be with family and friends that I love. What could be better?

Perhaps shooting a self portrait will be part of my future birthday ritual. Or maybe I'll make a birthday card that I can copy to send to friends on their birthdays. Hmmm, that's a good idea.

Do you have birthday rituals?

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jo! Sounds like the best of days to me. In fact that is pretty much how I spend my B-Days too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday glee from here, too. Inquiring minds want to know where the favorite cafe is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the birthday wishes.
    Ted... Hands On Cafe at OCAC. Love their Sunday brunch. I had the pork tenderloin this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Sounds fab to me ;)

    Lovely recent pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Jo, It sounds like a wonderful day you had planned. You are quite photogenic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Jo, I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating!!!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to you Jo ! No birthday ritual for me, except having a cake with candles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:58 AM PDT

    Happy Birthday Jo! I hope you had a wonderful, wonderful day! Life is too short not to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love this photo! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear friend. I hope your burger was sitting on a plate full of fries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You lovely friends! You helped make my day. My son-in-law made a blackberry cobbler for me... all his idea. He even picked the berries. Am I blessed or what?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOps-I used the word 'here' in every sentence so deleted it! anyway-no rituals at our house, love seeing you in B&W, catching up with your posts, & a belated happy birthday!
    And all that without the word here!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...