Friday, October 01, 2010

Travel Journal - October 2010

Cover
8x10

I'm building a new journal for an upcoming trip back to my old stompin' grounds. I used Teesha Moore's directions for her 16 page journal which is constructed from 2 sheets of Fabriano Artistico 140# watercolor paper, torn in thirds and sewn together. 
The size of the journal is just right for my carry-on luggage and the format allows me to work however I want, though I have no definite plans. I've created some borders on most of the pages, added a few pictures to make it personal and I'm ready to go. Once I've completed this journal I intend to make a short video of it to show you how it looks completed.
Here are a couple of the ready-to-go pages:


The yellow flap folds back to give me blue pages to work on. I'll probably add more colors to this spread before I leave.


I've added pictures of my grandkids in the book so I can show off to family and friends along the way. This is Amy when she was 6 or 7, half her liftime ago.

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful journal. You are going to have so much fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, looking forward to see those finished pages. Bright and joyful, enjoy the journey back in time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new journal! Bright colors and what a good idea to include pics of your Gkids. Very cool! I hope you have a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like the journal. I've found that if I make an attractive to me cover I'm more apt to use the journal. And the more that's in it there's more that I want to respond to, hence the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo, this looks great! Love the colors, and yes if the cover is appealing it makes using the journal more fun I think!! Looking forward to seeing the video!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just had to say how much I enjoyed your blog-found by way of Catherine St. H and my collage teacher, Laura!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...