Saturday, May 09, 2015

New PAGE added to my blog


I've just added a PAGE to my blog titled Hillsboro Exhibit. See it at the top, right under the title, One A Day. I'm gradually adding images of all the paintings that are in the Hillsboro show, along with sizes and prices. 


I'm so grateful to my helpers Constance Adams and Jill Getzendaner (my daughter) who made it possible to hang the show in one long afternoon. The library has a slick professional hanging system of wires and hooks but still, it was a chore. I came away absolutely convinced of the the worth of paying a hefty commission to a gallery which takes on the chore of hanging your work and putting it before qualified buyers. The library doesn't do all that; I do, if it's to be done.



The reception is next Saturday, May 16, from 2-4 and I hope to see many of you there, but you can go see the work anytime the library is open during the months of May and June. If you'd like me to meet you there, just call or email.




I had 39 pieces from which to choose and we wound up with 32. I was quite disappointed to get home and find 4 paintings under some towels in my front seat, 3 of which I really wanted in the show, including the one I used for my show card. And later I realized that I didn't make it home with my little bag of tools. I'll bet I left it sitting in the parking lot when I packed up the boxes to go home. Oh well, someone else now has a handy awl, level, and screwdriver. When you get old you forget things.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, your exhibit looks wonderful. I plan to be in Hillsboro and see it in June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know when, Paula, and I'll try to meet you there.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on you exhibit, Jo! I will try to make it on the 16th!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...