Sketchcrawl esteponero - Malaga - Spain from Urban Sketchers on Vimeo.
I love to watch other people sketch almost as much as I like to do it and as I watched this video I made several observations that might help you on your next sketch outing. You DO sketch, don't you?
- Use a 7-day pill container to hold your paints
- Use a sea shell for water supply.
- Note that most people use a waterbrush. Available at art and hobby stores, the barrel holds water, or ink.
- A small amount of paint is enough to explain the colors; don't over-work the color.
- Notice the different sizes of sketchbooks; one person uses single sheets of paper clipped to a backing board.
- Notice how people hold their pen while sketching; notice how carefully and often they look at their subject.
- Joining a group like Urban Sketchers for a day looking at your community is lots of fun.