By now you may have figured out that I love pure abstract design:
LINE. SHAPE. COLOR.
|What's Going On? 12 x 35. Sold|
|Red with Blue and Sand - 6x6" study on paper $65|
|Red with Blue and Sand 12 x 12" on panel $275|
|Sand and Sea - Study 6x6" on panel $65|
|Sand and Sea 12 x 12" collage on panel $275|
|Sand and Sky - 6x6" study on panel $65|
|Sand and Sky 12 x 12" collage on panel $275|
Here's how I'm working with stripes this week, in case you want to try your hand at making something similar. I warn you, it's labor intensive.
- Cut strips of heavy paper in a variety of widths from 1" to 5" x 11" or 12" long.
- Establish a colorway for the work and choose a variety of papers in these colors.
- Cut the papers into narrow strips of varying widths.
- Use your favorite adhesive to glue the papers to the heavy paper backing.
- Now that you have an assortment of striped papers assemble them into a pleasing composition and glue them to your substrate. I prefer a flat or cradled panel or 300# watercolor paper or museum board.
- After all is dry apply a thin coat of gloss medium to the surface.
If you want to purchase any of my work please send me an email or visit my gallery at Daily Paint Works.
Your visit to my blog is deeply appreciated.