Thursday, February 28, 2013

Grass and Forest painting

Grass and Forest
acrylic on paper
15" x 11"
Today felt like a painting day but I needed to stay indoors so I pulled out a photo from a hike last year and went to work. I'm just getting a feel for the materials again so I didn't expect to produce a masterpiece but I'm satisfied with the work. I'll probably paint this again and again, and maybe soon I can return to the reserve and paint directly.

I used both fluid and heavy body acrylics, a mix of Golden and Holbein. with lots of water to make the work juicy. I'm leaning strongly toward using the thinner paint because I invaribly like to work thin so I get to play with drips and splatters.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks to both of you. It was fun to do and QUICK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, can see why you'd want to keep painting it again and again

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments and questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...